If you have questions, ask us, we are here to help you.

Get in touch with us by filling out the form below

The Biggest Question is Mold

When using a liquid fertilizer, mold may occur on the soil surface a few days after application if applied indoors and temperatures are consistently warm. To avoid the potential for mold, make sure you water the fertilizer well into the soil and allow it to dry out between watering's. Consistent moisture causes many fungal problems. This is normal as the mold develops to break down the fertilizer, NOT to eat plants roots and harm them. To get rid of the unsightly mold, scratch the soil surface so it can breathe and dry, and stop watering for a couple of days until the soil dries out. Put the plant in a shady area outdoors for a couple of days to dry if mold has developed. Dry soil does not support mold growth. Consistent moisture is the perfect environment for mold growth.