Chad B

I bought the Organic Pump & Grow All Purpose Plant Food at Home Depot and used it on many of my plants at home (many of which have been living in their pots for several years), unfortunately every plant that received the plant food began to develop a mold either on the plant itself or on top of the soil. Not knowing what kind of mold this was or whether or not it was harmful to the plant I decided to remove the plants from the soil and re pot them in new soil. Please let me know your thoughts and if there is something you’d like to do to help with my situation.

Chad B

This mold is nothing to worry about, you can lightly mix it into the soil and it will go away. When applying our liquid fertilizer it is important to water in well after applying. You can of course water anytime within the 24 hours after applying the fertilizer, but allowing the water to mix it into the soil is important. If even after watering, this happens, it is not harmful and could be mixed into the soil.